Summer silent retreat: Walking by the River
We warmly invite you to join us on our summer silent retreat, “Walking by the River”, which will take place
From Thursday 25 August 2022 at 19h00 (no dinner provided that evening)
To Sunday 28 August 2022 at around 16h00
This retreat, open to all Christians in Belgium aged 18+, offers space to spend a long week-end with God using the theme “walking by the river”. There will be a maximum of 16 participants, including three leaders. The retreat will largely be in silence (with input/suggestions for guided prayer from the leaders).
Those leaders are Bess Brooks and Sonja Stark (St Paul’s, Tervuren) and Ann Milton (Holy Trinity, Brussels).
The price is 175 euros which includes:
- overnight accommodation in ensuite single bedrooms (couples sleep separately on the retreat) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights
- all meals on Friday and Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday
- tea, coffee, water throughout
- print-outs of texts used for guided prayer, if any
Booking opens 14 June. If you are interested, please EITHER leave a comment below OR email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a booking link
Other practical Information
Centre Spirituel Ignatien La Pairelle
25, rue Marcel Lecompte
5100 Wepion (Namur)
If you don’t have a car or want to drive with someone, please email email@example.com AFTER BOOKING YOUR PLACE FROM 14 JUNE and Bess, Sonja or Ann will try and put you in touch with other participants (this can’t be guaranteed).
Arrival & departure time
Please arrive between 19h00 and 19h30 on Thursday evening. NO dinner is provided that evening so please eat before you come.
Our first meeting starts at 20h00 on Thursday evening.
We end around 16h00 on Sunday afternoon.
To bring (intended to be a helpful list, not exhaustive)
- Sheets and pillowcase for single bed and towels (you have your own bathroom!!). Please note: SHEETS and not a duvet cover. The pillows are usually square – you might wish to bring your own pillow and pillow-case in you prefer something different
- Journal/notebook and pen
- House shoes
- Your medication (no pharmacy close by)
- All toiletries
- Comfortable clothes and walking shoes (the spiritual center is in a nice area where there are many opportunities for walking)
- Appropriate outdoor clothing e.g. sun-hat, raincoat etc. You will benefit from time outside whatever the weather
- Your own snacks if you have allergies/ intolerances, or you want something special to snack on
- Books and other activities as you wish, but don’t bring too many! Remember that you will also need time just to be with God without distraction and to pray.
(Optional, depending on your own interests):
- Artist’s sketchpad and pencils
- Camera (or mobile phone with integrated camera)
Please let us know if you have any questions. EITHER leave a comment below OR email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will answer.
We are looking forward to this special time we will have together
Bess, Sonja and Ann